Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

This year has flown by so quickly.  Many things have happened, some good, some not so good and some just so-so.  
 
I was especially glad to be able to spend time with Sophie this week.  She and I enjoyed our "girl time".  Sophie, now nine, comes up to my shoulders.  I asked her if she was going to play basketball ... no way, she might get hurt.  She is truly a "girly girl" and very well-mannered.  Hats off to Gloria for the great job she has done teaching Sophie how to act like a little lady and to be respectful.  What fun we had when Melissa took pictures.  I have decided that talking a lot is very much a Washington trait!  Wish we could spend more time with her, but distance and obligations get in the way.  Anyway, being able to spend time with Sophie was a great way to end 2010 and begin 2011!! 
 
Part of New Year's Eve was spent babysitting for Miles so that Bailee could go see the movie "Yogi".  It was a special time to spend alone with Miles.  I love to see his face light up when I talk to him and his smile melts my heart.  By the way, he almost turned over from his back to his tummy tonight all by himself. 
 
"Slim to none" was the reply I received from Ryan when asked what the chances were for Max to be born tonight.  I know they were hoping for the tax deduction, but guess that wish isn't going to be granted.  As I write this, there is still a little time left .....  so, just, maybe?
 

1 comment:

  1. He's thiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to rolling over. I predict it will happen on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete