Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Catching Up - Part Two

Well this blogging hasn't turned out like I envisioned.  I'm not sure if I should just give up, catch up, start over ... get my point?  So, I'll just try to do the best I can.  Life happens, holidays happen ... are those excuses good enough? 
 
I wasn't going to put a Christmas tree up this year, just wasn't in the holly jolly spirit.  Then one afternoon, Bailee asks, "gigi do you have a Christmas tree?"  I tell her I do and that it is in the garage.  Of course, she is thinking it is decorated until I tell her it is in a box.  Such a disappointment for a three year old.  So, after momma and daddy get Bailee and Miles after work, gigi gets the box out of the garage, puts the tree up, finds a big bow for the top and plugs in the lights.  Surely, that will satisfy her.  Next morning, Bailee loves the tree.  She says it is just perfect, but asks, "gigi, do you have any 'orndaments' to put on it?"  Yes, Bailee, we will put "orndaments" on later.  I'm sorry to say that later never came for us to put on the "orndaments".  I'm sorry Bailee, gigi will really try to do much better next year.  We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve at Melissa's and Roy's house.  It was beautifully decorated with plenty of "orndaments"! 
 
Miles has the most adorable smile and cutest laugh ever.  There have only been a few days that have been trying for gigi.  Like the one where he didn't sleep for more than what seemed like 5 minutes unless I was holding him.  Not that I mind holding him, and it is a really good excuse for not getting anything else done.  Momma wanted to know shouldn't he be turning over by now.  My reply was that he has to be laying down to turn over!  Laying down will be our goal when he starts staying with me again after the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment