Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tomorrow my life is going to change...again!

For the past three years, I have been fortunate to babysit one of my granddaughters.  Bailee is by far the sweetest little girl I've ever known.  We share a very special bond.  I frequently tell people that Bailee is my lifesaver.  Not the candy, instead she was what kept my mind busy, leaving little time to think about how sick her pepaw was during much of the time that she's been in our lives.  The only times I would see her pepaw smile was when Bailee was around.  In my mind I can see the two of them in his hospital bed watching tv, reading a book, eating a popsicle, or even her swinging from the trapeze bar above his bed!  Me, being the party pooper, quickly had to put a stop to the trapeze bar acts...more than once!  They were just having fun! 

I wish that I had documented all of her firsts, not just for myself, but for her parents.  Sometimes firsts are soon forgotten.  Hence, the reason for this blog. Beginning tomorrow, not only will I be babysitting for Bailee, but also for her brother, Miles, who was born on August 30, 2010.  I hope to document some of the firsts with Miles. 

I worry that Bailee isn't going to want to share me with Miles...she is very possessive of her gigi.  When I have visited at her house, she is very quick to tell me to give Miles to momma if she needs or wants something.  What will she do, when no one is here to take Miles from me?  What willl I do?  Guess I'll have the answer to that question on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment