Monday, August 29, 2011

I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

For several years now I have had the perfect job....six hours every other week.  In return I received my health insurance and maybe a few dollars in my bank account.  Fifteen of us were informed today that our services would no longer be needed after 10/10/11.  I haven't worried about what I would do when this happened because there was nothing I could do to stop it.  My main concern is health insurance.  Has anyone with pre-existing conditions ever tried to get a private policy?  If not, let me tell you it isn't easy.  Oh, there are such policies but they are quite costly.  I know of one individual who paid $1000 a month until his premium was reduced to $800.   I'm finding myself maybe worrying just a little about the what ifs.  There are way too many what ifs to mention.  Enough of this for now.
 
I also knew that Miles was going to turn one year old.  I'm not ready for him to be one.  Since I haven't been keeping him, I feel like I have missed so much. We had his party yesterday.  Even though it was way too hot, the party was held outside.  The lesson learned is not to always believe the future weather forecasts.  I think the decision was made by all who were involved in the planning that there would be no more outdoor parties in hot weather.  Tah-Tah did an outstanding job creating decorations for his baseball-theme party.  She is an awesome aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment